NETGEAR's Most Advanced DOCSIS Gateway Receives CableLabs DOCSIS 3.0 Certification
The CG4500TM extends the leadership of NETGEAR DOCSIS gateways with best-in-class performance and features including 24 downstream and four upstream channel bonding, integrated MoCA and concurrent dual band wireless networking
The CG4500TM is NETGEAR's most advanced DOCSIS 3.0 Voice/ Data Gateway integrating in one device:
- 24 x 4 Channel Bonding: With rapid growth in the access bandwidth being deployed by telecom providers worldwide, Multi-System Operators (MSOs) are facing a challenging competitive environment. With a 24x4 channel bonded DOCSIS gateway, MSOs now have a compelling solution to address this threat. In addition, a 24 x 4 channel bonded solution like the NETGEAR CG4500TM also enables MSOs to accelerate their migration strategy to an all IP access network, offering up to 1Gbps throughput making it three times faster than any DOCSIS gateway available in the market today.
- Concurrent dual band wireless: With the explosion of connected media devices within the home, supporting operator's multi-screen initiatives is now an imperative. The CG4500TM addresses this requirement with high-performance dual-band concurrent 802.11n wireless networking. The dual-band wireless provides up to 900Mbps (450+450 Mbps) aggregate speed and with simultaneous dual-band technology helps mitigate interference ensuring sustained throughput and reliable connections.
- Integrated MoCA®: In addition, MoCA is now the preferred technology of choice for MSOs to reliably connect devices within the home. With integrated MoCA, the CG4500TM gateway enables seamless data and video distribution over the in-home coax network.
"Certifications from industry standard organizations are key to ensuring that service providers' high standards for reliability, interoperability and performance are met," says Jeff Heynen , Directing Analyst, Broadband Access and Video for international market research firm Infonetics. "Through this CableLabs® certified 24 x 4 gateway, NETGEAR continues to demonstrate a singular focus on providing innovative, high-performance, standards-based products for service providers and other customers."
"Introducing a CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 gateway with 24x4 capabilities is a very important milestone for NETGEAR in the DOCSIS gateway market. With significant R&D investment focused in the cable gateway market, we are pleased with this certification," said Naveen Chhangani , Director Product Management, Service Provider Business Unit, NETGEAR. "This certification enables NETGEAR to provide advanced gateway solutions that are completely standards-compliant and interoperable in our customers' networks."
Key features of the CG4500TM
- DOCSIS 3.0 Certified
- 24 Downstream and 4 Upstream Channels
- Voice – 2 Ports RJ11 supporting Packet Cable
- LAN – 4 Gig Ethernet and MoCA
- Wireless – Dual band dual concurrent IEEE802.11N
- USB – 1 USB2.0 host port
With these innovative products, service providers and their customers will continue to benefit from NETGEAR's commitment to performance and quality and the company's unmatched expertise in in-home networking. NETGEAR offers a complete portfolio of interoperable residential and business Customer Premises Equipment (CPE), enabling service providers to offer new services and increase revenue.
About NETGEAR, Inc.
NETGEAR (NASDAQGM: NTGR) is a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. For consumers, the company makes high performance, dependable and easy to use home networking, storage and digital media products to connect people with the Internet and their content and devices. For businesses, NETGEAR provides networking, storage and security solutions without the cost and complexity of big IT. The company also supplies top service providers with retail proven, whole home solutions for their customers. NETGEAR products are built on a variety of proven technologies such as wireless, Ethernet and Powerline, with a focus on reliability and ease-of-use. NETGEAR products are sold in approximately 25,000 retail locations around the globe, and through approximately 42,000 value-added resellers. The company's headquarters are in San Jose, Calif., with additional offices in 25 countries. NETGEAR is an ENERGY STAR® partner. More information is available at http://www.NETGEAR.com or by calling (408) 907-8000. Connect with NETGEAR athttp://twitter.com/NETGEAR and http://www.facebook.com/NETGEAR.
© 2012 NETGEAR, Inc. NETGEAR, the NETGEAR logo is a registered trademark of NETGEAR, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Information is subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 for NETGEAR, Inc.: This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Specifically, statements concerning NETGEAR's business and the expected performance characteristics, specifications, reliability, market acceptance, market growth, specific uses, user feedback and market position of NETGEAR's products and technology are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. These statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, the following: the actual price, performance and ease of use of NETGEAR's products may not meet the price, performance and ease of use requirements of customers; product performance may be adversely affected by real world operating conditions; failure of products may under certain circumstances cause permanent loss of end user data; new viruses or Internet threats may develop that challenge the effectiveness of security features in NETGEAR's products; the ability of NETGEAR to market and sell its products and technology; the impact and pricing of competing products; and the introduction of alternative technological solutions. Further information on potential risk factors that could affect NETGEAR and its business are detailed in the Company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Part II - Item 1A. Risk Factors," pages 46 through 65, in the Company's quarterly report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended September 30, 2012, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on November 6, 2012. NETGEAR undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
SOURCE NETGEAR, Inc.