THE CABLE CENTER NAMES 2014 CABLE HALL OF FAME HONORARY COMMITTEE
DENVER, March 11, 2014 – The Cable Center announced today the members of its 2014 Cable Hall of Fame Honorary Committee. The committee members will serve as the official ambassadors for the Cable Hall of Fame event and The Cable Center. The members of the committee are:
- Glenn A. Britt, committee co-chair, chairman and chief executive officer (retired), Time Warner Cable
- Michael T. Fries, international chair, president and CEO, Liberty Global
- Bridget Baker, Baker Media Inc.
- Nomi Bergman, president, Bright House Networks
- Matt Blank, chairman and CEO, Showtime Networks Inc.
- Ann Carlsen, founder and CEO, Carlsen Resources, Inc.
- Pat Esser, president, Cox Communications, Inc.
- Andrew T. Heller, former vice chairman, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Paul Maxwell, Media-Max Advisors
- Robert Miron, chairman and CEO (retired), Bright House Networks
- Tina Marie Pagano, ESPN
- Les Read, executive director, Cable TV Pioneers
- Bob Stanzione, chairman and CEO, ARRIS
"Thank you to these dedicated cable industry leaders for serving on this year's Honorary Committee," said Larry Satkowiak, president and CEO, The Cable Center. "We look forward to celebrating our six new honorees at the Cable Hall of Fame Celebration this April."
The Cable Center will host the 17th annual Cable Hall of Fame Celebration onTuesday, April 29, 2014 at the JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE, in conjunction with The Cable Show 2014. The event program will also include the presentation of the Bresnan Ethics in Business Award, honoring the late William J. Bresnan, to Nick Davatzes.
The Cable Hall of Fame Celebration is sponsored by Bright House Networks, CommScope, Discovery Communications, Scripps Networks Interactive, CableFAX, Multichannel News and Broadband Library.
About The Cable Center
Based in Denver, Colorado, The Cable Center is a nonprofit organization serving the cable telecommunications industry. The Cable Center is the home of the Cable Hall of Fame, recognizing individuals for their outstanding contributions to the industry, and of the Barco Library, the world's largest collection of cable-related information and resources. Visit us at www.cablecenter.org, www.
About The Cable Hall of Fame Celebration
The industry's best networking event, The Cable Hall of Fame honors those in the cable industry who have made a lasting contribution to the advancement of the industry. The 2014 celebration will be tweeted live using the hashtag#cablehof. For more information, visit www.cablehalloffame.com