NCTA ANNOUNCES THE INITIAL SPEAKER LINE-UP FOR THE CABLE SHOW 2014 FEATURING LEADERS IN MEDIA, ENTERTAINMENT AND POLITICS
The Annual Convention Will Host Mayor of Los Angeles Eric Garcetti, FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler and top executives from AMC Networks, Comcast, Cisco, Cox, ESPN,
Time Warner Cable, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., Suddenlink, Producers from "Mad Men", "Masters of Sex", "Sons of Anarchy", "The Divide"
Washington, D.C. – March 18, 2014 – The National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) today announced the first group of confirmed general session speakers for The Cable Show 2014, to be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center in California, from April 29 – May 1.
Each year, The Cable Show hosts the top influencers in entertainment, broadband, advanced technology, content creation, public policy, business and programming to moderate and participate in informative and engaging discussions, which are open to all registered attendees. Today's announced line up of industry leaders and dignitaries includes:
Tuesday, April 29 – 10:00 am to 11:20 am
· Nancy Dubuc – President & CEO, A+E Networks
· Eric Garcetti – Mayor, City of Los Angeles
· Jerry Kent – Chairman & CEO, Suddenlink Communications
· Rob Marcus – Chairman & CEO, Time Warner Cable
· John Martin – CEO, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
· Michael Powell - President & CEO, NCTA
· John Skipper - President, ESPN, Inc. & Co-Chairman, Disney Media Networks
Wednesday, April 30 – 10:00 am to 11:20 am
· Michelle Ashford – Creator, Writer, Executive Producer, 'Masters of Sex' on Showtime
· Richard LaGravenese – Co-Creator, 'The Divide' on WEtv
· Brian Roberts – Chairman & CEO, Comcast Corporation
· Kurt Sutter – Creator, Writer, Producer, Actor, 'Sons of Anarchy' on FX
· Thomas Wheeler – Chairman, Federal Communications Commission
Thursday, May 1 – 10:00 am to 11:20 am
· Pat Esser – President, Cox Communications
· Rob Lloyd – President Development & Sales, Cisco Systems
· Josh Sapan – President & CEO, AMC Networks
· Matthew Weiner - Creator, Writer, Director, Executive Producer, "Mad Men" on AMC
The Cable Show 2014 is co-chaired by Rob Marcus, Chairman and CEO of Time Warner Cable, and John Skipper, President of ESPN, Inc., and Co-Chairman of Disney Media Networks.
In addition to the general sessions, educational breakout sessions are also planned. Imagine Park, the show's amphitheater for thought leadership and innovation located on the exhibit floor, will host the Imagine Film Challenge, where student teams create short films to be judged by top entertainment influencers.
For additional information about The Cable Show 2014, visitwww.thecableshow.com and follow @CableShow and #cable2014. Exhibit space and sponsorship opportunities are available by contacting NCTA Convention Headquarters at (202) 463-7905 or email@example.com
NCTA is the principal trade association for the U.S. cable industry, representing cable operators serving more than 90 percent of the nation's cable television households and more than 200 cable program networks. The cable industry is the nation's largest broadband provider of high-speed Internet access, serving more than 52 million customers, after investing $210 billion since 1996 to build two-way interactive networks with fiber optic technology. Cable companies also provide state-of-the-art digital telephone service to more than 27 million American consumers.