STATEMENT FROM MR. TRACY DOLGIN, PRESIDENT & CEO, YES NETWORK RE: NEWS CORPORATION'S ACQUIRING EQUITY STAKE INYES
"We at YES, along with the New York Yankees and our financial partners Goldman Sachs, NJ Holdings and Providence Equity, had an incredible opportunity to build a network that quickly became – and remains -- the number one regional sports network in the country, based on any metric. We were able to accomplish this because we have the greatest sports brand in the world, the New York Yankees, other important programming such as the rejuvenated Brooklyn Nets, the unwavering support of our board and, last but not least, an incredibly talented and dedicated group of employees.
FOX wrote the book on regional sports networks, and we are excited to partner with FOX and take advantage of this opportunity to build upon our leadership position. In particular, Ray Hopkins (YES Network COO), John Filippelli (YES Network, President of Production and Programming) and I have all previously worked at FOX, and we are eager to renew our working relationships with the company and with many of our friends and former colleagues. At the same time, we are fortunate to continue to benefit from the vision and support of our current ownership. We are particularly thrilled for our valued employees, who will continue with the YES Network and will benefit from the multitude of resources and opportunities that FOX brings to the table. We look forward to having FOX join our winning team."
About The YES Network
· Launched March 19, 2002
· Exclusive broadcaster of the New York Yankees and Brooklyn Nets
· Most-watched regional sports network in the country the past nine years (Nielsen)
· Distribution within YES' home-team footprint: approximately 9 million subscribers
· Total national distribution: approximately 15 million subscribers
· Listed among the Top Ten sports business brands in the world by Forbes the past three years
· Since 2003, YES has won 60 New York Emmy Awards and accumulated 266 New York Emmy Award nominations