Q2 telco TV subscriber numbers
Telcos around the world are starting to report their second-quarter and first-half subscriber gains for IPTV and other video services. Here an update:
* PCCW in Hong Kong reached 992,000 IPTV subs total at the end of the first half of the year.
* Canada's Telus gained 17,000 IPTV customers during the second quarter and now has 115,000 total.
* Also in Canada, Manitoba's MTS Allstream said it had reached 83,677 TV customers at the end of Q2.
* Germany's Deutsche Telekom added 122,000 IPTV customers during the second quarter to reach more than 721,000.
* U.S. rural telco Consolidated Communications added about 1,500 IPTV subscribers to reach about 19,371 by the end of June.
* AT&T reported 248,000 additional IPTV subscribers, and about 5,000 net adds to its satellite TV offering. The telco now has almost 1.6 million IPTV customers and about 2.2 million total TV subscribers.
* Verizon Communications posted net TV subscriber additions of 300,000, giving it around 2.5 million total FiOS TV customers at the end of Q2.
* Lithuania's TEO added 7,600 TV customers during the first half of 2009 and now has about 47,900 subscribers.
* Sweden's TeliaSonera added 23,000 IPTV subscribers in the second quarter and now has 532,000 IPTV customers and 711,000 pay TV customers overall.
* Viasat is now up to 112,000 IPTV customers in Norway and Denmark.